Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Eureka Calendar

Creation: Our focus for this years Eureka study

Doctrine and Covenants 128:23

23 Let the mountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solid rocks weep for joy! And let the sun, moon, and the morning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, and immortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers.

 
Hello to you all. The above scripture is our theme for Eureka this year. I would love for you to memorize it!  I will bring candy bars for those that do.  (Most of us are motivated by that highly addictive substance.  Dang.)
 
 In Eureka this year, we are going to study creation. It will allow us to hit different fields of science.  In the beginning I worried that it would not be in depth enough, but the fact is, you are all capable of so much, and so we will do much each month.  Our goal is to see God's hand; God's majesty in his creations.  I pray this year will be enlightening and joyful to us all.
 
October: Astronomy

God divided the light from the darkness.

 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
 

November: Geology

God separated the water and land.   And I, God, called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters, called I the Sea; and I, God, saw that all things which I had made were good.


December: Merry Christmas!  Rejoice!  Christ is King.


January: Botany
And I, God, said: Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, the fruit tree yielding fruit


 
February: Anatomy
And I, God, said: Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl which may fly...


 
March: Human Anatomy
And I, God, created man in mine own image, in the image of mine Only Begotten created I him; male and female created I them.
 
April: Psychology/Human Behavior
God rested for a season. 
We will rest.... on Sundays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment